BASS EXTASE PROJECT
WHAT IS THE BASS MUSIC?
• A music that emerged in the 90s on the underground scene in London and explodes internationally.
• An electronic music with specific elements: bass, sub bass, and syncopated or breake rhythmic form
• An intense music which experiment the limits of the body through the sub bass that can be felt physically.
• Different styles from English cultural diversity with the colonial roots : Indo-Pakistani, Jamaican, Caribbean mixed with Rave Culture.
A lot of musical styles from these influences: Dub, Break-Beat, Drum & Bass, Jungle, Uk Garage, Dubstep,Tropical Bass, Uk Funky, Grime, and more recently Post-Dubstep, Juke, Trap or Future Garage.
• An urban music which becomes very popular with event attracting hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
• A rapid expansion of this music, through internet and digital plateforms giving easy access to both listenning and production tools.
• Today many artists from the Bass music exceed easily millions of views on YouTube, we find Bass music on Radio, Television, or advertisements for luxury cars.
The Bass Music becomes a musical, social and cultural phenomenon. It affects all social classes, all ages, all styles.
PRESENTATION OF BASS EXTASE
• 52 minutes Film Documentary, in English and French.
• The first film documentary on the Bass music exploring its differents aspects and history.
• A European film: shot in England, France, Belgium, Holland, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia ...
• Bass Extase presents the creative process of DJs and producers, the different steps of production to distribution, the backstage of the organization of concerts and festivals, and the perspectives of people who knows and loves this music.
• The film shows through interviews, the emergence of the movement and his evolution until today.
WHAT HAS BEEN DONE
• Since May 2011, many concerts, parties, festivals was filmed by Laurent Pasquier and different peoples who help him.
• Interviews with several DJs, producers, spectators, event organizers and bass music specialists
• The Logging images, already filmed for a broader vision and begin to articulate the purpose of the film.
Here is the list of artists Djs, Producers and Composers who have already been filmed and interviewed for the movie :
Son of Kick,
Black Sun Empire,
Dodge & Fuski,
Dr Das (Asian Dub Fundation),
Benga in Bass Extase
Agencies, theaters, clubs, festivals or media that have trusted us for the movie !
Totaal Rez, Rumble Festival, Transbordeur, Démon D'Or, Chwet, Jungle Juice, Rockstore, Outlook Festival, EZ!, Ninkasi Kao, Chateau Bruyant, Nouveau Casino, Tensionstep, Metalheadz, Cable, Enover, La Marquise, Hyperdub, La Machine du Moulin Rouge, La Laiterie, Jarring Effect, Glaz'art, Electron Festival, L'Usine, Bass Freak Doggz, Dour Festival, Monegros Desert Festival, Astropolis, La Carène, Splash, Cabaret Sauvage, 5 Days Off, Melkweg,Trax Magazine, Bass Music Magazine, Starwaxmag, We Love Dub, ntropy.de, Humo
PUBLISHED IN THE PRESS
They talk about Bass Extase in the press, in a French magazine specialized in electronic music:
Trax Magazine # 153 (monthly). See below.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
• The post-production : image editing, sound editing, original score, sound mixing, grading, translation, subtitling and captioning.
• The creation of the DVD.
• Creation Poster
• The creation of photographs exhibition
A MULTI-MEDIA RELEASE
• A DVD edition
• A broadcast TV diffusion (subject to acceptance)
• Preview Screening Evening with After-Show in several big cities.
•Conferences with projections of the movie for youth and students in colleges or universities.
• A tour of screenings in clubs, concert halls, films festivals, documentary festivals and electronic music festivals.
• A Web-documentary as bonus with additional interactive content (audio, video, photographs, text).
• Project to make a long version of the film, including scenes of fiction.