Who are we ?
Raphael and Tristan Stuart, two French-Australian brothers living in Paris.
We formed our psychedelic pop-rock band DJAKARTA in 2015.
We have been writing and performing songs for the last ten years and our music has grown with us.
All of our songs say something about our personal story – through them, we hope that the listener will be transported to a weightless, intimate dreamlike place.
Our deepest desire is to write timeless songs: we draw our inspiration from the rock pantheon – The Beatles, The Doors, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The The – and also take cues from contemporary bands – Tame Impala, Temples, Alt-J...
Our first EP :
We have prepared several demos and unproduced tracks in our home studio. We would like to record them in a professional studio and release an EP (5 tracks).
Why fund it?
Thanks to your help, fundraising contributions will allow us to record, mix and master the selected 5 tracks, as well as print them onto CD’s & vinyls.
- Recording and mixing sessions will take place in Les Studios Saint Germain - > Facebook with sound engineer-producer Stanislas Neff (Lily Wood And The Pricks, Camille, Royal Blood ...) = 3,000 €
The planning for the week:
1 to 2 days dedicated to recording the band live on an analog tape recorder!
2-3 days for vocal tracks, overdubs and other edits.
2 days of mixing.
- Mastering with world-famous "Chab" (Grammy Award for his mastering work on Daft Punk’s last album) = 1,000 € Chab Mastering
- KissKissBankBank’s 8% share of 4,000 € = 320 €
If we end up raising more than 4,000 € and manage to reach 7,000 €, we could also:
- Press 100 Vinyls and 500 Cds = 1500 €
- Shoot a video for your favourite song on the Ep = 2,000 €
Thanks for your support !!