Operation lifeline of a neighbourhood record shop
Ce projet participe à la lutte contre le Covid-19 ou a été impacté par celui-ci. Let's be stronger together ! KissKissBankBank soutient ces campagnes en réduisant sa commission 💜.
€10,000 COLLECTED THANKS TO YOU !
The future being uncertain, know that additional donations will be welcome and that they will be used wisely, whether in the usual running of the store or to be able to offer you a wider choice of titles during your future visits.
ONCE AGAIN, A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU !
Dust Dealers opened its doors on June 30th, 2016. Record store specialized in Jazz, Soul, Funk, Hip Hop, Afro music (and much more genres to discover), Oldy Clap, historic founder, designed and carried out all the works there himself. Musician and producer (beatmaker), he gave the name of one of his albums to the shop. Everything is well-thought out and decorated in order to create a warm and relaxed atmosphere : to feel "at home". He thus fulfilled one of his childhood dreams : to be a record store owner! Joined by Dj Reedoo in October 2019, the two "dust dealers" are still standing with passion behind the counter in the red shop.
Over the past 4 years, we have created a special relationship with our "vinyl lovers". They come to see us, to share their favorites, to discover artists, albums... In addition to selling, we exchange a lot around music... We have been able to develop over time a great connection with many of them. We thank them from the bottom of our hearts for their loyalty and friendship. Today we have our place in the social and cultural fabric of the neighbourhood, and it is thanks to them ! A few crazy things also happened here : the Gyedu Blay Ambolley interview for Tracks / Arte, video shoots for Jean Jass & Caballero or Renato Baccarat, In Dust We Trust : the store's web series on the beatmaking, concerts... It would be still very unfortunate if all of this stopped, don't you think ?
For those who do not know the shop yet, Dust Dealers is located on Rue Vanderschrick 22 in Brussels. Click on the video below for a guided musical tour (From : Tedji & Dust Dealers, 22 Rue Vanderschrick, 6 tracks vinyl and digital version).
We don't only sell vinyls. In addition to advising and guiding you as much as we can through musical wanderings, we also offer :
- The Dusty Box, a personalized vinyl subscription : 2 vinyls every month in your mailbox, without moving from your sofa, and adapted to your musical tastes. (more informations)
- A vinyl cleaning machine : because the "magic of vinyl" is not crackling vinyls. We can give your favourite records a second life ! (more informations)
- Digitization of your discs : take your favorite vinyls everywhere with you on your phone or computer ! (more informations)
- Listening stations : bask in our sofas, listening to the albums of your choice. (more informations)
SURVIVE AND PREPARE THE "AFTER"
A vinyl store is a fragile business. We have always been aware of this. However, we managed to maintain ourselves while remaining dynamic and offering you an increasingly wide range of vinyls. The shop had never been so crowded and had never worked so well until March 18th, 2020 !
Many of you are currently showing us support and loyalty, for which we feel very grateful.
We expect to receive various financial aids promised by the Government and the Social Insurance Funds. We know, however, that they will never allow us to cover the huge shortfall that we are currently experiencing.
For small "niche businesses" like ours, where the balance is still fragile, we are facing a real survival situation. We need you, more than ever, because we remain convinced that these cultural spaces and exchanges must be maintained at all costs after the crisis.
Allocation of funds
Today, following the containment linked to the COVID-19 crisis, the shop has come to a complete standstill since March 18th, 2020.
- We were obliged to cease our activity including online sales (condition for granting government aid).
- The Belgian State, as well as some of our suppliers (but not all them), allow us to carry forward invoices and taxes in progress. Our social allowance funds offers us a period of one year for the payment of our contributions.
- We are expecting to receive a single lump sum bonus of €4,000 from the Brussels-Capital Region.
These "aids" only postpone the deadline and remain clearly insufficient compared to the losses in progress... A closure of 2 months implies for the store a dead loss of €10,000 without any return of money, without income. This situation is insurmountable for such a small structure like ours.
A CALL FOR SOLIDARITY
This process gives us no pleasure. But if we are calling on you today, it is because we have no other choice, to try to get through this difficult period for everyone (tough for everyone, we are perfectly aware of this).
- This minimum amount of €10,000 is essential for us to re-open the store and to cover the incompressible expenses that are still charged during this forced closure, but also to face the future and its multiple unknowns. When and how things will resume, we don't know...
Beyond our situation, we remain convinced that independent cultural actors are essential to Brussels local life and are at the heart of social ties.
- If we (and you) happily exceed this sum, this will allow us to face the future with confidence and enthusiasm...
Thank you so much for your donations and support. We will fight together to be able to re-open ! Meanwhile, stay home and take care !
Choose your reward
- 69 backers
- 35 backers
- 35 backers
- 3 backers
- 1 backer