Sending out rewards: 9 basics
- It is your responsibility to send out rewards
- Meet the shipping deadlines mentioned on your campaign page: it is preferable to opt for a later date and surprise your contributor if you’re able to deliver early.
- You don’t have to send out all rewards at the same time: it’s up to you to specify deadlines under each reward tier.
- You are responsible for shipping costs: make sure to evaluate them beforehand and take them into account when calculating reward costs.
- Make sure your rewards can indeed be delivered by mail.
- Size, colour, pattern, etc.: set up a form to let your contributors specify their preferences.
- A customised letter in each package is a small attention that can go a long way.
- Organising an event is another way to distribute rewards.
- Emailing your contributors to make sure they have received their rewards is also a nice touch.
Long delivery times: 6 ideas to engage your contributors while they’re waiting
- Post updates on your page
- Email photos, videos and details on your progress to your community
- Answer your contributors’ questions
- Regularly post on your Facebook and Instagram pages
- Involve your community using polls
- Organise meet-ups to exchange on the project’s development
Post-campaign communication: keeping in touch with your contributors