Your crowdfunding campaign was successful? Congratulations, the real fun can now begin for your project! Discover our best advice related to sending out rewards and staying in touch with your contributors.
Sending out rewards: 9 basics
- It is your responsibility to send out rewards
- Meet the shipping deadlines mentioned on your campaign page: it is preferable to opt for a later date and surprise your contributor if you’re able to deliver early.
- You don’t have to send out all rewards at the same time: it’s up to you to specify deadlines under each reward tier.
- You are responsible for shipping costs: make sure to evaluate them beforehand and take them into account when calculating reward costs.
- Make sure your rewards can indeed be delivered by mail.
- Size, colour, pattern, etc.: set up a form to let your contributors specify their preferences.
- A customised letter in each package is a small attention that can go a long way.
- Organising an event is another way to distribute rewards.
- Emailing your contributors to make sure they have received their rewards is also a nice touch.
Long delivery times: 6 ideas to engage your contributors while they’re waiting
- Post updates on your page
- Email photos, videos and details on your progress to your community
- Answer your contributors’ questions
- Regularly post on your Facebook and Instagram pages
- Involve your community using polls
- Organise meet-ups to exchange on the project’s development
Post-campaign communication: keeping in touch with your contributors
Your contributors are the very first people who believed in your project. Maintaining that special bond is a way to ensure they follow you in your next adventures!