WHO I AM :
I am a French Fim Director, Photographer and Artist-researcher:
PhD research in Arts/Anthropology/Architecture at the Center for Advanced Inquiry in the Integrative Arts [C.A.I.I.A] in the international programme of the Planetary Collegium, Plymouth University (UK)
- Currently an advisor for BENDING HORIZONS EVEREST 2015 Art/Science Expedition
> Achievements: - Grant recipient of the French Norwegian center in Humanities and Social Sciences (2014) for his research in Anthropology, Art History and Architecture
- Second Prize Winner , CREATIVE SPARKS / D.I.Y DAYS PARIS 2014 - First French Artist selected for the ARS BIO ARCTICA 2014 residency at Kilpisjärvi’s Biological Station in Lapland, organized by the Finnish Bio Art Society,
- First French Artist invited by THE FARM,INC. a New York based cultural organisation, to participate to the ARCTIC CIRCLE RESIDENCY 2013, in the international territory of Svalbard.
[SOUND RECORDING , KILPISJARVI'S LAKE , ARCTIC CIRCLE 2014 ]
I am the only French selected to join the board of Advisors of the Art and Science BENDING HORIZONS EVEREST 2015 expedition. As an Advisor I am invited to join the Team at the Everest Base Camp in May 2015:
- I will document my trip to the Base Camp through the production of a serie of Photographs as well as a Documentary Film with a focus on the Sherpas Culture .
- I also plan to do small scale carving and sculpture projects as well as drawings during the trek
I will do 360° video recording during the trek to the base camp , as well as in order to document the Sherpa Culture in the Khumbu Valley
I Plan to use portable and rugged technologies and gears during the trek as a case study
I will also use this opportunity to extend my research in Anthropology on Traditional decorative patterns through an on site study in the khumbu valley, and site specific interviews in Monasteries
A view of the track and trace live map that you will be able to use on the http://ace4.international website to follow me during my trek through the Khumbu Valley
THE EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK :
From Kathmandu I will take a small plane to go to Lukla, Dubbed "the most dangerous airport in the world
it will be a 15 days trek (maybe more with your help) From Lukla to the Everest base Camp and back On my way and back to the Everest Base Camp I will have the opportunity to stay at and visit the Monasteries of Tangboche and Pangboche and with your support I will be able to conduct interviews and photographs and videos shooting amongst the Sherpa Communities and the Monasteries.