A film about paranoia, the conflict between your eagerness to rationalize and your capacity to imagine what is beyond.
Besides finishing my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Cinematography and Directing in Eicar this year, I have worked every week-end as a waiter in a restaurant (Buvette Gastrothèque in Paris) in order to finance my thesis film.
However, I need your help to complete the budget of "Horla". And being a horror/period short film, the project needs a good budget to reach a high level.
All the crowfunded money will go directly to pay the location:
However we will go much above 2000 euros considering the following elements:
- Rent a bus to transport the whole team as well as the equipment.
- Host and treat both my actors but also the technical crew with respect as most of them will be working for free and are like me students in my school.
- Build sets that create the fantastic universe of the story.
- Rent costumes from the French "Second Empire / Third Republic" eras.
- Create visual effects with make-up like in Japanese films.
- Once the film is finished, to be able to send it to you my audience and also to many film festivals around the world.
Your support will also encourage the whole team to do their best for the film. We are about twenty people working on the project and among us are a dozen nationalities. Right below, you will see for yourself:
Production manager: Alexandra Naïm, France
Writer / 1st Assistant director: Kyrylo Sopot, Ukraine
Casting director: Lauriane Groff, France
Production designer / Illustrator: Laura Tobar, Colombia
Director of photography: Maria Lis, Poland
Camera operator: Jakob Christensen, Denmark
Costume designer: Tommy Hartanto, Indonesia
Editor: Marco Velez, Colombia
Sound designer: Olivier Bessuges, France
Composer: Daniel Keen, Canada
4 THINGS YOU CAN DO NOW
* First make a donation of any size. You can change your donation amount anytime before the campaign ends and you will not be charged anything unless we meet our fundraising goal.
*After you back us and complete your transaction, KissKissBankBank will give you the option to send a message out to your friends/followers on social media sites like twitter and Facebook. The message will say you just backed us and it will include a link to our project page (you can edit the text). Please send these messages! It only takes a second and will help tremendously!
* Find at least one other person to make a donation. Even if it's 5€ it well help! And for 10€ they will appear in the credit!
* Know that you seriously rock! Your donation goes a long way towards helping us achieve our dreams. We sincerely appreciate it!
See you on Facebook!
All the claimed perks will be received but it will take time and some will be ready before the others. Check the delivery date written below each perk be sure. Otherwise, keep updated on the Facebook page.
This film is important for us as it constitutes our demo reel for the cinema industry as we rarely use CVs. When the film will be finished, it will travel around the world in festivals and our hope is to be received in many of them so we earn more contacts.
Making films is expensive. For instance, the location where we will shoot costs 2000 euros alone and it's a good price. Some locations asked me 4000 euros a day, as a student discount! It is indeed a big amount but you have to consider that the final result is a film that fits well on a cinema screen.
Not straight away. While the film will be presented in festivals, it shouldn't be found on the internet. It is of the utmost importance that you do not upload it until the Facebook page will declare the film public.
However, in the meantime, you will receive a password to view the film on internet (on Vimeo) and are most welcome to share that version with your friends and family.
No problem. Just send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify your username, how much you gave and at what date and what perk you would like to have instead.
No problem. You can either send me a mail to email@example.com and I will return to you with a solution or you can check on our facebook page for information.