Charity, Local development, Craft
The Scout and Guide of France movement (SGDF), a structure that is recognized as the first movement of youth education in France and also to have been developed around Catholicism. SGDFs take care of children from 6 to 21 years old. But why 21 years? Why take charge of young adults? We will answer you simply for the Compagnon branch (18-21 years old). During their three years, the Companions build a team to create, together, an international or national solidarity project. That is to say, to carry out an action of solidarity to improve places of life, zones of biodiversity ...
A team full of colors and taste
We are a team of 5 Companions driven by an invincible motivation, of unmatched beauty, and incredible strength! A unique cohesion. We could tell you that to introduce ourselves but in the end you would not really know who we are. So here's a short description of ourselves:
- Mathilde: 18 years old, lives in Choloy-Ménillot. She is currently preparing the nurse competition in Nancy. She is the health manager of our team .
- Hugo : 19 years old, lives in Metz. He is studing Art of the spectacle in Metz. He is the communication manager of the team
- Anaïs : 19 years old, lives in Nancy. Currently studying psychology, she is preparing the competition to start a training as a specialized educator. She is the budget manager and takes charge of the grant files.
- Sarah : 20 years old, lives in Houdemont. She is in the 2nd year of a "Brevet des Métiers d'Art" in beadwork of Lunéville, in Lunéville. She is the steward and is in contact with the association
- Loïc: 20 years old, lives in Choloy-Menillot. He works at the Nancy Central Hospital on intrasite internal service. He is the person in charge of the equipment and the week of discovery of the country on the spot.
A country, a project, a goal of success
A country: Cambodia!
The project: build a house on stilts!
A success: we are counting on you ...
Once again, we could stop here. But let's chat a bit more if you want to. We'll explain a little more details about our project. We've not arrived so far to tell you about our action only in three points. And you've probably not read so far to receive this wave of frustration because of three unfortunate lines.
So here is our wonderful project that offers us dreams (and may be some nightmares in times of intense stress):
During our one-month stay in Cambodia, we will live in the Cambodian community in Moung Russey Battambang, a small village near Sisophon and Siem Reap. Thanks to our partner, the association "Sisophon my friend", we were able to set up the project of building a house on stilts!
But it's up to you to make this project a reality!
But what use will be your money to us?
We'll have to reach the goal of 1500 €, for that alone you have the power to make this goal a success. But before you start let us explain where your financial participation will go!
- 600 € will go in food for 10 people (our team and the Cambodian family who'll be welcoming us)
- 800 € will be used to build the house on stilts
- 100 € will be paid to a native of Cambodia who will accompany us throughout our journey.
If we exceed the collection threshold it will allow us to send more money to the family (because we'll not have enough to finish the whole house). But also to bring back objects useful for the inhabitants (clothes, notebooks, pencils ...)
So, are you ready to help us in this great project?
Our departure and the help we can provide on site is in your hands!
All donations may be subject to a tax deduction
The Scouts and Guides of France association will collect the entire collection