"A little boy is troubled by a paper bird locked in his own head"
This 2 minutes "very short film" is my first animation movie directed in my studies at Supinfocom, 3D animation french school.
Ce très court métrage de 2 minutes est mon premier film d'animation réalisé dans le cadre de mes études à Supinfocom, école d'animation 3D. The specifications of this exercise limited to the film about 1 minute (excluding generic), one real character, and should be guided by the words of a French song.
THE SONG :
"I am alone in my gondola, I am trapped in the sky, My name's Nathan, I don't like the real" translated lyrics of the song "Nathan" about autism, sung by Calogero.
THE MAKING-OF :
Beyond the technical challenge of this first film (Making-Of available above), to deal with a subject such as autism was a nice challenge, especially since 2012 (year of manufacture of the film) was designated as "Year 2012, Autism, Great national cause", causing great scientific debates and psychanalitiques on the subject.
I do not know anyone with autism around me, I could not adopt a "personal testimony" view, much less the scientific approach. So i naturally tried to use a metaphorical and poetic direction to the mystery that is autism.
- Film Review by Allociné : L'autisme en quelques secondes
- Interview on the OnePointFour website (english) : Sensitive Soul
- Critic on Fou d'Anim website : Je m'appelle Nathan
- Interview on Cheeky blog : Rencontre avec Benoit BERTHE alias Siward
- Article on NoFilmSchool website (english) : Supinfocom Animation 'Je m'appelle Nathan' Provides a Compelling Look into Autism
SCREENINGS, PRICE AND FESTIVALS :
- 3rd audiance price at festival "Going Underground" , Berlin.
- Selected at "NFFTY" Festival, Seattle (USA).
- Selected at "Short Shorts" Festival, Tokyo (Japan).
- Selected at "Ciné Poème" Festival 2013, Bezons (France).
- Selected at "AutisMovie" Festival, Italy.
- Selected at "Animac" Festival 2013, Spain.
- Selected at "CinemAutismo" , Italy.
- Selected at "Très Courts" Festival, in 25 country and 100 towns.
- Selected at "Entr'2 Marches" Festival, Cannes (France).
- Selected at "Faites des courts" Festival, Brie-Comte-Robert (France).
- Selected at "Festival National du court métrage Étudiant", Paris (France).
- Selected at "AS", Rome (Italy).
- Selected at "Coeur Métrage" Festival, Marseille.
- Selected at "Festival internationnal du 1er Court Métrage" Pontault-Combault (France).- Selected at "Tournez Jeunesse" Festival, Monistrol sur Loire (France) - Selected "C'est trop court !" Festival at Nice (France)
- Collection "Vimeo Staff Pick" by Vimeo Staff.
- Broadcast at Berlin and Séoul Subway.
- Outdoor-screening at "Toujours trop Court", Niort (France).
- Screening in introduction of the "Festival Télérama" at Cinéma Le Brady (France).
- Screening at "Être parent Aujourd'hui" seminar in the cinéma Art & essai at Noisy-le-Grand.
Who am I ?
Name : Benoît Berthe
Age : 23 ans (born in 1989)
WebSite : www.siward.free.fr
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently in last year at Supinfocom Valenciennes school 3D animation in preparation of the graduation of digital director, I had the opportunity to work with animation's filmmakers as Nicolas Devaux - cube Creative - or Bastien Dubois (Nominated for 2011 Oscars) - Sacrebleu Production. Very involved in my school life, I founded the Student Council of Supinfocom Valenciennes which I preside in 2011/2012 and directe the School's Cineclub. I can not wait to start working life, meet new peoples and learn even more about this profession of passion very animated !