In the beginning...
On the day I became a mother. I discovered an amazing new world. I became a specialist at juggling things: work, meetings, baby bottles, sleepless nights... it was difficult to find child care. And I had questions, many of them. How were other parents coping? I realised I wasn’t the only one in this situation and that many of us felt isolated. La Cabane des Parents is the fruit of meetings with mothers, fathers, grandparents, parenthood associations, and professionals of the child care environment.
The adventure starts...
Together, we defined the needs of families and our objectives. La Cabane des Parents is:
A place for child care:
The association creates and manages a workplace for childminders that allows long opening hours, as well as an everyday and emergency reception (for sick parents...) .
Educational methods inspired by Montessori.
It is a place where people can share and get advice:
La Cabane des Parents is a place of many resources:
- Family activities are offered within the child care centre: motor function, babies yoga, music discovery, festivities (Christmas, Halloween, Mardi Gras, etc.).
- Group outings: shows, trips to the vegetable patch, family meetings with coffee/tea, partnership with a retirement home, etc.
La Cabane des Parents will regularly offer:
- Opportunities to share: books, swaps (baby equipment, clothes, toys), information about other associations in the area, representative for AMAP (an organisation providing food hampers with local produce).
- Meetings with child care professionals (psychologists, nursery nurses, etc.) to learn and understand more about certain subjects such as: maternal burnout, children's feelings, the role of the father during pregnancy, etc.).
- Workshops with a nutritionist, first aid classes, etc.
The house itself
The house, which also has a garden, is renovated with green building materials (cellulose wadding, natural paint, natural linoleum flooring, wood). It is located in the area of Dervallières-Zola, near Bellevue-Chantenay. This area is characterised by social diversity and the presence of many families. This house is a place to meet and share, exchange and talk, play and discover.
The association committee:
President: Pauline; Secretary: Lucille; Secretary Treasurer: Emilie.
Technical supervisor: Béatrice (young children educator, childminders trainer, liaising with associations for parenthood assistance).
Childminders Team: Emilie, Elodie, Laëtitia and Marie-Christine
The association is surrounded by a team of psychomotor specialists, child care workers, nurses, psychologists, childhood specialists.
Potential and confirmed partners and suppliers:
La Maison du Linoleum (ecological flooring)
Rebom maraîchage bio et insertion
PMI de Nantes