'The Virgin and the Cockroach' is a creation from the artist collective 'Les Cour Jets', produced by NAUTEIN Prod, ONIRYK Prod and IMPROV' Productions.
In a small Parisian theatre, the most improbable theater company defends the most indefensible play: 'The Virgin and the Cockroach'. Their desire: to become world famous. However incredible this goal may appear to be, it will take twelve months to achieve it. The question on the tip of our tongue is 'how?' Every episode follows one month of an uphill struggle towards glory, punctuated by an avalanche of disasters and explosive, funny events. This is a riotous series with refreshingly upbeat humor and fiendishly absurd brought to you by the leguminous 'Cour Jets' team.
NOTE OF INTENTION
If the atmosphere of this series is at the very least offset, the series is created in a style that is resolutely realistic to the proceedings inside a theatre. It plunges the audience into the heart of the excitement of dressing rooms as one would find at a theatre company. The action is shot with a handheld camera. The plans follow one another at a frenetic pace, meandering in space and time, alternating between the reactions of the theatre audience and the life of the dressing rooms – the whole narrative being punctuated with nonstop flashbacks. The result is a colored canvas of live performance, which challenges the codes of French comedy by incorporating cross-Channel and cross-Atlantic influences ('The Office', Ricky Gervais...).
'Les Cour Jets' is a collective of artists created in 2011 at the theater 'La Reine Blanche'. It is composed of:
- Enzo Ambrosini (Character of Ulric)
- Philippe Champion (Character of William)
- Aloïs Godin (Character of Martin)
- Sandrine Haton (Character of Akanksha)
- Clémentine Houdart (Character of Marie Louise)
- Emilie Mazier (Character of Myriam)
- Natacha Simic (Character of Eva)
- Cédrick Spinassou (Character of Hubert).
We have already created two funny web fictions in 2012:
- « ça ne sert à rien »['it's no use'] (19 episodes)
- « Un métier plein d’avenir » ['a job with good prospects'] (3 episodes)
which were ranked nº1 by the website meswebseries.fr in 2012.
You can follow us on:
- our facebook page: http://fr-fr.facebook.com/pages/LES-COUR-JETS/144819622306588
- our Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/TheCourjet
Our director: Cédrick Spinassou, actor, writer, director and teacher at the theater 'La Reine Blanche'.