We know that light shines in the eyes of children - yet today there are 200,000 children living in the streets of Senegal. This drastically large number tells us enough is enough, we can not see more children on the streets. BLUES'UP wants to make their situation a priority! Have we accepted their condition, their despair? Artists have come together to sing and record "Light in Senegal", but the fight has only just begun.
"Light in Senegal" is a charity song written by Pierre Sibille to advocate and support organizations as : EMPIRE DES ENFANTS, SPER center, Dakar SAMU SOCIAL, VILLAGE PILOTE, FUTUR AU PRESENT, YAAKARU GUNUYI, who work to educate, support and to reunite street children with their families.
Actions in collaboration with G ROCK CONSULTING.
"Light in Senegal" shows that music CAN change lives. Artists have given their voices, Senegalese society wants to embrace a new mindset ... It is time to act!
Invitation to France for two Senegalese artists, Coumbis Sorra and MAKE IT REAL, to come France in September to record in the studio with BLUES'UP (Hyères). We will present our work:
- Concert showcase at Moom (Six Fours) / September 15, 2013
- Concert / Photo Exhibition of Jeremy Charbaut on the theme Talibés in COMPTOIR GÉNÉRAL (Paris) / September 16th - 2013
- Film Screening "Something from the street" Pascal Nazzaro in COMPTOIR GÉNÉRAL (Paris) / September 16th - 2013
DAKAR 4TH BLUES'UP FESTIVAL 18 - 28 November 2013
BLUES'UP will hold three concerts on a concert truck with full PA to give a voice to artists coming together to support and "Sing for Street Children". A medical unit will be on location at each performance to provide medical examinations for children and to build trust and solidarity with the local population. Concerts will be held
- On the BLUES'UP TRUCK across from l'EMPIRE DES ENFANTS (Medina) / November 21, 2013
- At the University CLODEL to present our work to students / November 23, 2013
- In front of Modern Daara to focus on the solution: to provide a quality education to all the children / November 26, 2013.
A press conference is scheduled for November 19, 2013 at Just4U.
The 4th BLUES'UP FESTIVAL will conclude at the French Cultural Centre CCF / November 27, 2013 with a concert, photo exhibition and presentation of the film by Pascal Nazzaro : Something from the Street.