Christophe Panzani "Les Mauvais Tempéraments"
Help saxophonist Christophe Panzani to fund his new album "Les Mauvais Temperaments", a beautiful series of piano duets and trios.
Christophe Panzani "Les Mauvais Tempéraments"
Les Mauvais Tempéraments
A follow-up to his first album “Les Âmes perdues”, Christophe Panzani—one of France’s most on demand saxophonists (heard with drummer Anne Paceo, the bands Hocus Pocus, Thiefs, The Drops…)— continues his musical quest in exploring the possibilities of combining the sound of his tenor saxophone to the piano.
Opening the sound spectrum of jazz in a very unusual way, he uses in this album ancient ways of tuning the piano, in a series of duets and trios, which questions the origin of musical emotions and surprisingly blurs our familiar landmarks.
The nine tracks have been recorded over a few months in various places, on different instruments, with an amazing cast of talented pianists, from ECM-recording artist Yonathan Avishai to the pop-singer turned pianist Yael Naim, including keyboard electronic-influenced NYC wizard BIGYUKI, Edouard Ferlet (known for his reworking of Bach music), Eric Legnini (one of France’s finest jazz pianist), Brazilian-born Leonardo Montana, Tony Paeleman (from Vincent Peirani’s band) and Guillaume Poncelet (a frequent collaborator of Gaël Faye).
Help Christophe Panzani to fund his project and get some exclusive rewards such as a signed CD or LP, previous albums, private musical encounter, tickets to the release party or a limited printed edition of Ludovic Debeurme's gorgeous artwork...
1. Ahijado, featuring Eric Legnini
2. Le Désordre des choses, featuring Leonardo Montana & Yonathan Avishai (recorded on two pianos)
3. Les Mauvais Tempéraments (dedicated to Carla Bley), featuring Yael Nain
4. I Don’t Feel No Home (dedicated to Daniel Romeo), featuring Guillaume Poncelet
5. L’Autre, Miroir (dedicated to Federico Casagrande), featuring Edouard Ferlet & Tony Paeleman (recorded on two pianos)
6. Ravage (dedicated to the memory of René Barjavel), featuring BIGYUKI
7. Des âmes toutes faites* (dedicated to the memory of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry), featuring Tony Paeleman
8. Les Mauvais Tempéraments*, featuring Edouard Ferlet & Leonardo Montana (four-hands)
9. Le Désordre des choses* (dedicated to Tigran Hamasyan), featuring Yonathan Avishai & Leonardo Montana (four-hands)
10. Ahijado*, featuring Yonathan Avishai
* Recored on a piano tuned according to Werckmeister III.
Produced by Christophe Panzani for The Drops Music.
Recorded on January 28, 29 and 30 2019 at Edouard Ferlet's studio, Houssay ; on February 6 at Guillaume Poncelet's studio, Paris ; on February 17 at Eric Legnini's, Charenton-le-Pont ; on May 14 at Keith Witty's, Harlem, New York ; on May 24 at Yael Naim's, Chelles.
Recording, mixing and mastering by Tony Paeleman.
Original artwork by Ludovic Debeurme.
Graphic design: Olivier Linden
Waar dient de collecte voor
The album has been recorded, mixed and mastered. Only one step remains in order for it to see the light of day. For that, we need your support.
Launched by the journalist and curator Vincent Bessières, jazz&people is a breeding-ground label that welcomes projects from creative musicians and helps them come to fruition through crowdfunding. It mobilizes music lovers through a responsible approach that gives precedence to the direct relationship between the artists and those who listen to them. This is the reason we are asking you for your generous financial support.
The collected contributions will be used to pay for :
- the SDRM (mechanical rights of authors, composers and editors) : 1000€
- those who contributed to the fabrication of the album (graphic designer, translator, visual artist) : 1500€
- printing the album in CD format (1000 CDs) : 1200 €
- promote the album : 1000€
- KissKissBankBank commissions : 300 €
The monies collected for sales of the album by jazz&people will be given 100% to the Christophe Panzani's "Les Mauvais Tempéraments" project (other than the commissions taken by the crowdfunding platform).
If the campaign is a success, the album will be released in a few weeks.
The participants will receive their rewards in the days preceding the release, discovering the album avant-première!
following the fundraising, we have more than the necessary amount? Then we will have more resources to promote this music and to make it visible.
And if we don’t reach our goal? Then the project collapses!
And with the development of the music offered on streaming sites (from which musicians make almost no money), not many people feel like paying for music anymore. By giving your support now you are making a militant act, because you allow this album to come to light without making the artists take risks, as they have already invested a lot of time and money. If this crowdfunding project reaches its goal, you will get other benefits in addition to receiving the album before its release date.
The artists need you. But we need artists even more.
Thanks in advance for your generosity and your support.