Masters Clash - Heroes of the Storm
Masters Clash - Heroes of the Storm
Why this project ?
The movement was announced by the HGC World Championship (HGC) and the Open Division (OD), which were still anchored in the daily life of the ‘Heroes of the Storm’ community.
We have learned to live the European scene of Heroes of the Storm, making it a great showcase for our game. For this, we wish to create a new competition at a continental level, which will also serve to define the contours of the new e-sport circuit Heroes of the Storm.
This project of ours is a 100% non-profit and associative one intended to create the following competition :
- An EU tournament with a cash prize of € 5,000, that aims to attract and appeal to the entire European community of Heroes of the Storm.
- We encourage as many players and teams as possible to take part in this great HOTS party, so therefore, we plan anticipate between 4 to 6 online qualifying weekends.
- Nothing can replace the magic and atmosphere of a scene! This is why the final phase will be taking place in LAN, in a room with a capacity of +200 places, especially arranged for the occasion.
- Finally, it comes with the objective of perpetuating the event and the competition through future editions.
- From January until the end of February 2019, our goal will be to reach the budget that is necessary to host the entire event.
- AS of March and April 2019, we will enter the preparation phase. This includes the development of communication around the event, the choice of format, the search for casters and the launch of registrations that will be put into place.
- The month of May 2019 will see the beginning of the qualification phase which will extend untilJune 2019.
- It is in July 2019 that the final phase of the scene, before the public, will take place.
To develop this project, our team comprises of 3 professionals that include an event Project Manager, a Sales Manager and an Events Coordinator, all of whom are passionately volunteering towards realizing this project.
The project manager's mission is to establish the specifications for the successful hosting of the event, the management of its organization and planning, the building and maintenance of relations and partnerships with the local communities.
Our Sales Manager will be in charge of the ‘commercial element’ of the event, in contact with different stakeholders sensitive to this type of events, to help us validate the competition.
As for the Event Coordinator, his entire role will be focused on the logistical, technical and organizational management aspects of this project.
Waar dient de collecte voor
To set up such a project, our estimations have concluded that a budget of minimum € 13 000 will be necessary for this competition to be fully realized.
The breakdown of the budget is as follows :
- € 5 000 Cash Prize
- € 2 000 the reservation of a room with +200 seats
- € 3 000 video management and security staff
- € 2 000 hardware (computers, furniture, etc.)
- € 1,000 bank charges
With the budget in mind, we are going to organize a crowdfunding campaign on the ‘Kiss Kiss Bank Bank’ platform.
We are pleased that French animator & streamer Malganyr has decided to support the project in person and participate at the event.
Before this crowdfunding campaign, we have established a partnership with the Accor hotel group, with regards to the implementation of hosting solutions (public & players).
If the goal of € 13 000 is achieved :
The budget will be validated, and implementation phase of the project can begin.
If the goal is not achieved :
The project will be canceled and all donors will be fully reimbursed directly via the platform.
And if the budget is exceeded :
The remaining contributions will be directed towards the purchase of accessories for the public, to help the players with their payments, for goodies to be won and an increase of the Cash Prize offered.