Sebastien of my real name, passionate about the city of Paris and especially photography.
Independent photographer for some years it's first of all in the circle of friends and family, that I drew my creative inspiration.
As a Parisian by adoption, I realize that photography presents itself to me as a means of expressing and printing my vision of this unique city of which I fall in love.
For centuries, Paris has inspired thousands of artists who have not hesitated to stage this city Light.
For an artist, in my opinion, "everything starts in Paris".
In search of the perfect photo, the unlikely place, the exact light, the sharpness and the precise moment that will make the image unique.
Meetings of all horizons multiply, new playgrounds open to me as a photographer collaborating with some artists from different areas "Photographing to go to the other, to know it, to understand it" such is the one of my currencies.
My subject of choice remains undeniably "the roofs of Paris".
At the moment, there is a dynamic around this subject but for me it is rather a state of mind "it is necessary to be there to really realize the exceptional and atypical side of the roofs of Paris".
It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and to better appreciate it in my opinion it must be seen through its roofs. The Parisian roofs offer an infallible point of view on the capital.
Seen from the sky, Paris is a mosaic of gray made of slate and zinc.
Living in Paris is also seeing her in all forms. For me, the roofs remain one of the best way to discover this city, to have a unique point of view where the panoramic is just breathtaking.
In the end observer, there is no better place.
Waar dient de collecte voor
WHAT WILL SERVE COLLECTION?
I would like to publish a photo book to share my photos and my passion for Paris and its roofs. This photo book will be a synthesis of my best shots and experiences, a selection that I would like to discover to individuals but also to eyes a little more seasoned.
The collection will also serve for the presentation of the photo book, a preview will be provided for this purpose so that we can exchange and meet.
At the same time, I would like to equip myself with more powerful material to improve the expressive potentialities of photography and especially the freedom and lightness it offers.
If the amount of the collection is exceeded?
If the amount of collection is higher I will then use this surplus to make a book of higher quality.
"Sebastien Behotte will receive the entire prize pool"
Key dates of the project.
- beginning of April end of the pot a part of it will be used to purchase a professional goal.
- from May to September, October I devote myself to the shooting (location of shooting places and shoot at different times of the day)
- September selection of photos and post production is last.
-Fin September early October order the photo book from a professional publishing which would be about 1500 € because I would pre-order my book before.
- october or november (depending on delivery time of the books) opening of an exhibition around the book the rest of the money will be used to rent a space and to organize the opening and photo prints that will be exhibited today and available at the command .
Detail of the expenses of the collection
- 1500 € for professional purpose for a better quality of photos
- 1500 € which will be dedicated to publishing the book among publishing professionals (produced in several copies as pre-ordering upstream)
-1000 € opening evening of the project and presentation of the book