OLHO is an artistic platform initiating by Cécile Mestelan.
. Who I am :
I grew up in the world of creation, my parents were making swimsuits in a small factory. It is in this atmosphere that I realized my taste for the creation and a certain agility for materials, colors and volumes. This was shutter in the choice of my studies. During my teenage years, I took courses in drawing and modeling. I then joined a Superior Art School in Biarritz and then to Switzerland for my Master at ECAL.
This is where I discovered the richness and potential of creating as a professional point of view. I immediately had a preference for sculpture. I am fascinated by the shapes and the way light interacts with lines. The sculpture is for me an ideal way of expression in which I do not feel limited. After obtaining the Master of Visual Arts, I apply for a residence in Portugal in January 2014 in "Vista Alegre", a famous porcelain brand and this is where I confirmed my technical knowledge. It is where was born my project: a ceramics laboratory.
. The concept :
I want to create a ceramic workshop with a mission to make it accessible to Lisbon native potters. For this I suggest you to help me buying a kiln and other essential accessories for the development of the artistic platform that I want to create. This workshop will apply to promote meetings to discover knowledge and technical skills. We will develop a common project around ceramics, emblematic materials in Portugal since the eighteenth century!
Like the bread oven in a village that gathers and helps feed the inhabitants, I want to offer a kiln for works, that allows to feed the artistic creation!
. Through this project, I also want to:
- Countering our society that unifies things and multiplies to excess, providing the opportunity for creators to offer forms and different views of the world.
- Items made by hand, with a "soul", unique pieces or small series.
- Invite people to discover and experience the know-how to transmit a certain tradition.
- Propose a place where anything is possible, managed by the group energy.
A place where creation is possible!
Discover ceramics together, test it, discuss it, look for new forms, new techniques : a place of experimentation. An accessible and available workshop.
- Place the ceramic process in a modern creation
- Give a workplace for ceramists in Lisbon
- Pooling technical and logistical (workshop / furnace / tool ...)
- Reduce production costs
- Support the creation process
- Create a space of meetings and exchanges
Working together : sharing ideas, shapes, secrets and techniques! Ceramics will be considered as a modern creation dedicated to artists.
Draw inspiration from local traditions revisit know-how to tweak them with materials and new techniques, divert classic ... Mix of tradition and modernity.
Support the project and get a lot of gifts!
A big THANK YOU for your attention and support.
Image creation process: