A FEW WORDS ABOUT MY PROJECT :
LULU - Graine d'un Monde – It's an organic tea room, open Tuesday to Saturday, from 10am to 6pm, where you'll find teas, of course, but also herbal teas, fresh fruit juice, latte with non-dairy milk for example and, for your delight, cookies, muffins et other delicacies to go with.
For lunch, you'll be able to have something to eat, here or for take-away: salads, soups, sandwichs, tarts and savoury cakes will be on the menu. And everyday, one or two specials will be featured. As most of the ingredients being local, seasonal, and everything being home-made, there will not be a fixed menu. Every visit will be a discovery :-)
This is also a space where you'll be able to learn how to make you own déodorant, "toothpaste", or non-polluting cleaning product, and of course learn or perfect your cooking skills! There will be regular workshops that will grow as time goes. Themes will cover beauty products, household and vegan cooking.
Environmentally-friendly and cruelty free products will be available for those who can't or don't want to order online.
And for those who would like to find out more, as well as those already convinced, LULU - Graine d'un Monde – will organise screenings and talks about sustainable development on a regular basis.
ETHOS OF LULU
They can be summed up by this quote:
« We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children”
LULU - Graine d'un Monde – This project will rest on the three pillars of sustainability: social development, economic development and environmental protection.
Practically, this will translate into:
- ingredients that are local as possible and seasonal,
- Suppliers that follow fair trade principle and coops (La Nef for the bond, Enercoop for power supply, fair-trade certified for the non-local ingredients, ...),
- the Organic certification, and no animal products,
- as less allergens as possible, so as to not leave out the most sensitive amongst us,
- no animal-tested cleaning products,
- upcycling and recycling every time it is possible,
- as little packaging as possible and discounts for those bringing their own container ;-)
- prices that are fair and affordable to most,
- DIY/ « home-made » workshops, to become self-sufficient in your daily life, and consume less processed products : vegan cooking, beauty and household products ...
- A space in the right in middle of Dijon, accessible by public transport,
- transparency, and a real and deep commitment,
- and above all open-mindedness, tolérance and love
A RECIPE FOR SUCCESS :
Passion and an irresistible desire to share!