"Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero [...]. Tell me, too, about all these things, O daughter of Jove, from whatsoever source you may know them !"
(Homer, Odyssey, I, 1-10)
Moon, mother of 3 children, modern literature and communication Bachelor French teacher, passionate pastry, ideas exploding like popcorn and gold in the fingers.
Chris, dad of 3 children (yes ... it's the same tribe !! :)), Master in Business School Management Controller (bakery / pastry industrial, distance selling), determined, streamlines and make it true.
"Mini boy" and "Mini girls" food critics in shorts, mounted on springs, specialists of "What do we do ? What do we eat ?"
Who have the opportunity to make this project a reality !!!
Good humor in all circumstances, the smile as a gift, heart on the hand, the art in each of their action and the will to do well.
Our plan is simple: open a RESTAURANT DESSERT ECO-RESPONSIBLE in a range of affordable prices to allow many Asians who visit the island of Bali, to taste French pastries that they love so much (lemon meringue pie, strawberry cake, classic tiramisu or fruit tiramisu, crème brûlée ...).
Trifle melon-nougatine OD
Poem in a glass: The concept provides a tasty and well presented dessert, in a glass, some photos are available on the facebook page. Feel free to consult and to like it ! :)
The project is based on a Franco-Indonesian collaboration to enable young Balinese to acquire a French expertise in the field of pastry, in wich they are not mastery at all and they can of course re-use elsewhere.
Dessert in a restaurant in Bali
We wish to establish a relationship where everyone wins:
- We, as the experience promises to be rich, what better than to live his passion? more meetings, marvel at a world of discovery. - You, because you will have contributed to making this possible, for supporting us, you encourage the creation, you will help convey the know-how French pastry, either in the choice of ingredients in the combination of flavors and textures in a chic elegance of dressage or in the sense of welcome and sharing. - Customers who can enjoy delicious desserts, visually sexy, gustatorily dementia, short, together we will awaken their senses, arouse their curiosity and transport them away from their habits. We will introduce delicacies, make them appreciate the wonderful innovations that come out of our kitchen, make them fall in love with France, they will necessarily want to discover. You, we, together ... will be their "siren song". In short, we will make them lose their heads! - Indonesian pastry which we will forward to our professionalism in pastry.
That is our leitmotif: the poetry of travel and refinement in taste,
" Passion Bali ": Raspberry cloud on its compote Mango / Passion fruit and crunchy almond crumble coated with white chocolate
"Cooking well relies on a clear head, a generous spirit and an open heart". Paul Gauguin
Gourmandise apple-salted butter caramel
Over the seven seas :
Some benchmarks, go out the compass: Indonesia: 20 000 islands, archipelago situated between Thailand, Malaysia and Australia
Our market research, we found that the best place to open our Odyssey Delicious is Ubud, in the heart of Bali's cultural capital and nerve center of the island. In Ubud, you can visit the many art galleries, stroll in the forest of monkeys, admire the main Hindu temples of the island, marvel at the volcano, admire the rice terraces (including Jatiluwih, World Heritage of UNESCO).
Ubud is a must for every tourist wishing to visit Bali, for despite the passage of more than 9 million tourists each year, the place has best preserved its authenticity.
The little big adventure : In the vast majority of tourists that pass through Ubud are of Asian origins (Malaysia, China and Singapore are close), the Indonesian origins (the Indonesian government made a large promotion for domestic tourism) and origins Australian. Their eating habits are different, there is no real ritual at set times to eat, usually they eat when they are hungry several times a day, either sweet or savory. Nevertheless they have a very high image of French cooking and especially baking considered a luxury product.
Crème brûlée OD
In our fantastic journey, we will take a small part of France with us to illuminate our path, a part of you in our heart. The project ECO-RESPONSIBLE and relies on a commitment to respect the environment, the local economy and the people: - We will use solar energy to power the electricity restaurant. - 67% of the ingredients have originated from the farmers in the area. - Verrines takeaway recorded in glass (back against discount store), installation of collectors. - The damaged glasses will go on to glass recycling or local artists. - No use of plastic bags. - Indonesian cooks will be trained in markers of French pastry in a fair process. ==> Contractors YES, NO polluters! Finally, as the kitchen is primarily a sharing, prices will be affordable so that French pastry remains a pleasure for the eyes and palate first. Our goal is to offer a journey of the senses, hence the name we have chosen: Delicious Odyssey (OD for friends;))
Chocolate cake "micuit" OD
In this adventure, it's missing is YOU !!
Waar dient de collecte voor
Overall project cost was estimated at € 130,000, including € 94,000 investment and € 36,000 reserves (or cash): investments : planning : 86 000€ (remodling, solar pannels, cool chamber)
Stuff : 8 000€ (cool showroom, cash register, professional coffee maker, ovens, credit card appliance)
Work permit : 6 000€
Rent : 13 500€
Cooking stuff : 7 500€
workers : 5 500€
raw : 4 100€
Our 5-year plan, in spite of very unfavorable assumptions clearly (stable sales prices, increase of all costs), provides for a steady development of the activity and autonomous. HELP US TO FOOT THE CALIPER !!!
Your contribution will allow to finance the purchase of solar panels that will power our electricity pastry ecologically;
This human adventure and solidarity will be in strict compliance with Indonesian law:
- Creation of the corporate identity.
- Definition of Association
- Registration number for the tax
- Business Description
- Ratification of the Indonesian Ministry of Justice
- Business Registration
- Work Permit (KITAS)
- 10 employees in Indonesia by KITAS These steps are longer than creation in France, it takes about a year before receiving our first customers.
This time will not be lost !!! We should :
- Find our office
- To ask photovoltaic panels and link to the restaurant's energy system
- Carry out the work to work in optimal health and safety conditions, both for those working in the kitchen, and our customers.
- Perform beautification works
- To make our glasses in different models and sizes from local artisans.
- Working menu
- Run the following steps of the communication plan (already committed)
- Going to school at home for our three children (CNED). Yes, the project also affects the lives of our kitties, but it does not let anything on fundamental !! :) Everyone contributes to his level with his little sacrifice) We are committed to of course keep you informed of each step performed via Facebook and through regular summary email. GIVE US WINGS WE will fly WITH YOU !!! If your donations exceed the target, we may be able to register the largest in French schools (about € 5,000 per child per year). You would be doing a "Mini girl" happy!
TERI MAKASIH (Indonesian Thank you) !
Of course everyone contributing and making the trip to Bali will be invited to our best table to taste the delights of free Odyssey. ;)