Permaculture pour 105 enfants du Maroc
Project : « Educational Permaculture Nurturing Landscape » for the 105 underpriviledged children of the Centre Fiers et Forts.
Permaculture pour 105 enfants du Maroc
We have reached our objective in 22 days only!!
The basis of our project “Permaculture for 105 children in Morocco” is now laid. THANK YOU
We need your support to go further! If we could reach…
+20%, we would be able to buy more gardens tools, share work and initiate trainings.
+40%, we could build a shaded area and plant vines alongside the sports terrain, and a dryer for the conservation of the Educational Nutritional Farm’s excess production.
+ 60 %, you are enabling the Centre to hire a new educator for the children.
+ 80 %, we can welcome 15 more homeless children and offer them a roof, education, protection love and care.
+ 100 %, we can welcome 15 more homeless children and pay the yearly salary of a second educator.
+ 200 %, Paradise and good karma insured!!...
This is about creating a lasting and sustainable project at the Centre Fiers et Forts-CFF (Centre Proud & Strong), a welcoming center for disadvantaged children of the Marrakech region (history and purpose of the Centre below).
The total project budget is € 11,059. By participating in it, you actually help us to launch the first nurturing and educational farm based on methods of permaculture in Morocco. Altogether, let’s build it!
The What, the how and the who The implementation of this project will follow precise specifications and will be accompanied by the architect and project coordinator, Julien Sainsaulieu (firstname.lastname@example.org). Project coordination will integrate all the actors, children, educators and gardeners. Employee training and villagers (coming soon) will be involved in the realization and success of the project.
The purpose of this project is to develop an educational structure in harmony with nature and its principles through a 1,200 m2 garden while keeping the well-being of children in mind.
To do so, it seems essential that they have the following at their disposal:
- A self-produced organic diet over a 1,200 m2 area of gardening.
- A living pharmacy: herbs and medicinal plants in the broad spectrum.
- An education and awareness of the importance of ecology and the preservation of our environment.
- The establishment of a composting unit for the recycling of waste products from the operation of the Centre Proud & Strong (farm manure, food waste, cardboard, paper ...).
THANK YOU to all the Bankers from the Heart, the Kiss Kiss bankers, for your support and participation in this project. Morocco is not far away ... The children, the Centre team of Fiers et Forts and Julien Sainsaulieu, our creator of feeder gardens, hope to see you soon around an organic “tagine”, a delicious Moroccan culinary specialty !!
What is the Centre Fiers et Forts-CFF (Centre Proud & Strong)?
It is a venue for disadvantaged children in Tamesloht / Marrakech, Morocco. It is recognized by the Ministry of Justice, and supported by the Governor of the region of Al Haouz / Marrakech.
The project originated in Dorothea Eijkman Madou’s heart. She was born in the Netherlands in 1935.
- In 2004, Madou moved to Tamesloht where she is struck by the number of children who are lost and suffering, sleeping in the streets of the town, harbinger of a generational transmission of violence. Thus started Madou’s daily commitment for their welfare. She listens, finds them clothing and takes care of their diet and education. Children come in increasing number and the activity grows.
- In Janvier 2011, The “Association Eijkman-Centre Fiers et Forts (CFF)” (Proud and Strong) is founded. The Association is non political et secular. The Association Centre Fiers et Forts (CFF) Proud and Strong, is committing itself to intervene and welcome within its walls all children in in distress.
- On April 13, 2013, the Proud and Strong Center received a donation from the Association Al Baraka. The funds raised are entirely dedicated to the construction of a facility of 950 m2. These are the premises for the welcoming, training and accommodation for children.
- On October 16, 2014, The Centre Fiers et Forts exists, is functional with well-settled children. You are cordially invited to visit us. Today 105 children are supported.
Direct aid means:
- The inclusion of children within the CFF (PSC), boarding for the most excluded.
- Food for all children.
- Personal development through art workshops, music, gardening, care of animals, sports, theater ...
- Professional training from the age of 16.
- The implementation of medical monitoring among others by Chinese medicine. The Proud & Strong Centre also supports the heaviest medical procedures such as hospitalizations.
- Assistance by regular visits from a psychologist.
- Support for families with possible vocational training for mothers.
Waar dient de collecte voor
The creating and nurturing of an educational farm will enable children to become familiar with all aspects of the farm.
Our permaculture project, inspired particularly by Pierre Rabhi aims at:,
- Ensuring a partial food self-sufficiency for the Centre
- Introducing children to work the land
- Encouraging professional vocations
- Saving the country's water resources
- Providing therapeutic work for children in difficulty
- Creating an environment of peace for children living on premisses
- Instilling a boost to the town of Tamesloht / Marrakech and its surroundings.
The entire funding will allow us to finance each stage of the project, detailed below:
Composting and bio-fertilization: €1,840.90
Greenhouse and Nursery: €1,663.60
Equipment and tools: €600.00 €
Medicinal Plants: € 136.30
With these funds, together let’s build this project ... 1200m2 farm / teaching and nurturing garden!
Collected funds over the 100% of demanded sum will be spent on daily food for the children, whilst the vegetable garden is being realized. 105 kids need to be fed !
Detailed project budget "Permaculture Landscape Feeder and Educational"
Water is the most important element, the approach of permaculture allows to consider all options to get there. The project has a water tower more than 20 m3, the well fills the water tower that redistributes to the irrigation system. The system chosen is the drip.
Gardening: €1, 436.30
Food is the basis of physical and mental health. It is therefore essential to all possible means to access biological and ecological food. The establishment of four gardens with a total area of 1200 m2 appears as the main objective of this project. These gardens will be developed following the principles of agroforestry (gardening under trees). Each species meets a vis-à-vis the role of the assembly. His methods of diversified culture, allow the right balance of life on earth. If it is healthy, which pushes also, therefore, we and our children too.
Composting and bio-fertilization: €1, 840.90
Soil quality is essential for crops. Composting and vermicomposting specifically, is essential to give back to the earth microbiology necessary for plants to live. Bio-fertilizer, called compost tea allows rapid rehabilitation of degraded land. These compost decoction and various plants then reintegrated into the soil through the irrigation system.
Greenhouse and Nursery: €1,663.60
The greenhouse is essential for the marketing of gardening products and to develop food independence of the Centre. It will be established on 35 m2. The nursery (125m2) established next to the greenhouse. It will be: • An in-situ production of a large part of our plant material. • An educational tool. • An opportunity to acclimate the plants to us and our land. They will be more durable and less stressed during their final transplant. • An opportunity to produce plants for resale to provide a small income to the site.
The center needs a variety of seeds and plants to start the desired ecosystems that will consist of deciduous fruit trees and various companion trees to build a rich and sustainable habitat. A large amount of aromatic plants will be planted, for the following reasons: - They are almost all medicinal. - They host a variety of insect pollinators. - They act as odor barrier to many insect pests. - They are edible and a great culinary interest.
Equipment and tools: €600.00
Quality equipment in sufficient numbers will be required for site management and teaching and training activities with the children.
The farm buildings are already funded. However, the food is not included. So there must be fodder for the animals for a whole year. Goats (5) were donated to the center. One donkey who will live in the center. - Hutches are ready for twenty rabbits. Hens, ducks and pigeons, the number of animals is estimated at 30.
Medicinal Plants: € 136.36
A space of 200m2 will be dedicated to the production of medicinal plants. Different phases will introduce new and interesting species such as moringa oleifera and Hypericum perforatum (St. John's wort) to start. A second phase will focus on species like melissa officinalis (lemon balm) borago officinalis (borage), Ocimum sanctum (holy basil) and Lessertia frutescens (baguenaudier Ethiopia). After creating a canopy, a large amount of Ayurvedic and endemic medicinal plants can be introduced successfully.
Training and implementation: €1,090.91, will also need to be involved regularly in the monitoring of the site development as well as in monitoring training. The aim is to give the site a self management capacity across all sectors, for now visit twice a month will be organized according to the needs of the project. The development of all sectors is planned over three months from the project launch. Site supervision will be on a daily basis during the development of each sector. As previously mentioned, the continuous training of employees will be done on a full year at a pace of two days per month.