4G so I can study
Fund Access to Education!
4G so I can study
Founded in 2016, EduMais is an NGO that provides high-quality education to underprivileged children and teenagers in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Our educational programs empower at-risk young people in the Pavão-Pavãozinho and Cantagalo favelas with the skills to build a future away from poverty, violence, and drugs. All nine of these programs are free for our talented students as everyone deserves access to a good education. But to make this possible, we rely on the generosity and commitment of our wonderful donors and volunteers.
Due to COVID-19, our immediate concern is the health and well-being of our students and their families. The congested space of the favelas makes social distancing impossible. In addition, the economic impacts of the coronavirus are particularly severe in these communities. Many families have lost all sources of income.
400 students, 250 Families.
During this pandemic, the economic downturn is hitting the poorest the hardest. Indeed, with schools closed and incomes spread thin, many families in the Pavão-Pavãozinho and Cantagalo favelas are struggling to pay rent - let alone ensure their children have access to the internet on the one family device!
4G so I can study ultimately aims to fundraise enough to cover 4G for 250 families over a period of 6 months.
Our first target, which is the target of this campaign, is of 5,334€. This will enable us to cover 3 months of access for all our students.
Finally, our ultimate goal is to reach 11,000€ to cover 6 months of access to education for our kids.
If you choose the "gifting" option in the rewards, you will need to follow the following instructions:
- include your name & email address
- include the giftee's name & email address
- a personalised message if you wish.
Waar dient de collecte voor
The cost breakdown of this project is as follows:
- The cost of the phone plan is 40 reais per month.
- This campaign, as explained above, has a first aim of 5334€.
Below is the cost breakdown of the overall cost of the project, including overhead, which was divided 6 ways to find the overall cost of this program per month.
- As we are looking to provide for our 250 students for 6 months, the total direct cost will be 60,000 reais
- We have estimated a 15% overhead.
- Including distribution and set up costs
- Allowing for fluctuation in exchange rates between Euros and Reais
- Including the cost of the bank transfer from a European bank to a Brazilian company
- The 8% overhead of KissKissBankBank
- This brings our total cost to 69,000 reais
Converted through xe.com on the 24th November 2020, this is 10,670 Euro. This is our ultimate goal.