EVEREST BASE CAMP 2015
Follow me on my way to the Everest Base Camp to support an international Art Science expedition and discover the Sherpa Culture.
EVEREST BASE CAMP 2015
WHO I AM :
I am a French Fim Director, Photographer and Artist-researcher:
PhD research in Arts/Anthropology/Architecture at the Center for Advanced Inquiry in the Integrative Arts [C.A.I.I.A] in the international programme of the Planetary Collegium, Plymouth University (UK)
- Currently an advisor for BENDING HORIZONS EVEREST 2015 Art/Science Expedition
> Achievements: - Grant recipient of the French Norwegian center in Humanities and Social Sciences (2014) for his research in Anthropology, Art History and Architecture
- Second Prize Winner , CREATIVE SPARKS / D.I.Y DAYS PARIS 2014 - First French Artist selected for the ARS BIO ARCTICA 2014 residency at Kilpisjärvi’s Biological Station in Lapland, organized by the Finnish Bio Art Society,
- First French Artist invited by THE FARM,INC. a New York based cultural organisation, to participate to the ARCTIC CIRCLE RESIDENCY 2013, in the international territory of Svalbard.
[SOUND RECORDING , KILPISJARVI'S LAKE , ARCTIC CIRCLE 2014 ]
I am the only French selected to join the board of Advisors of the Art and Science BENDING HORIZONS EVEREST 2015 expedition. As an Advisor I am invited to join the Team at the Everest Base Camp in May 2015:
- I will document my trip to the Base Camp through the production of a serie of Photographs as well as a Documentary Film with a focus on the Sherpas Culture .
- I also plan to do small scale carving and sculpture projects as well as drawings during the trek
I will do 360° video recording during the trek to the base camp , as well as in order to document the Sherpa Culture in the Khumbu Valley
I Plan to use portable and rugged technologies and gears during the trek as a case study
I will also use this opportunity to extend my research in Anthropology on Traditional decorative patterns through an on site study in the khumbu valley, and site specific interviews in Monasteries
A view of the track and trace live map that you will be able to use on the http://ace4.international website to follow me during my trek through the Khumbu Valley
THE EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK :
From Kathmandu I will take a small plane to go to Lukla, Dubbed "the most dangerous airport in the world
it will be a 15 days trek (maybe more with your help) From Lukla to the Everest base Camp and back On my way and back to the Everest Base Camp I will have the opportunity to stay at and visit the Monasteries of Tangboche and Pangboche and with your support I will be able to conduct interviews and photographs and videos shooting amongst the Sherpa Communities and the Monasteries.
Allocation of funds
> Because you will get cool rewards in exchange and because you will help me keep this Artistic and Scientific project independent
- Through hard work I managed to get a big part of the project already funded . With your help I will be able to do the most esthetical and ethical photography and film documentary project that I can do .
A Large part of the expedition basic budget is already funded :
Everest Base Camp Trekking – Spring 2015: 5250 $ - 4805 €
Then there is the
Paris - Katmandhu plane ticket : 637 $ - 584 €
TOTAL : around 5887 $ - 5389 €
HOW I WILL USE YOUR SUPPORT :
- The funds will help me to extend my stay in the Khumbu valley with a guide in order to document the Sherpa Culture. It includes additional cost for accomodation for two people.
- Additional funds will be invested in Audio-visual equipments, additional tips for the guides and other spendings connected to the organization of this trip and Photography and Documentary Film Making production in a very specific and harsh environment