Mine de rien
Help "the pencils" to move into a new house... An exhibition is coming.
Mine de rien
"Offer him a pencil and the child starts to build a house." Claude Nougaro
A little more than three years ago, “crayons” (pencils) made their first appearance. Out of the forest, they snuck into town to have fun here and there on the walls and around Brussels.
Insatiable adventurers, pencils scoured our streets, alleys, dead ends with an unbridled thirst for colors. Increasingly ingenious and nesting in the gaps and interstices of our graying countries, they continually seek to awaken our imaginations of wiser further grown children.
After spending another winter scattered everywhere on the colorless walls of our city, our small pieces of lead pencil felt the need to meet. They found refuge in the shelter of a roof, a few bricks and would like to invite you to experience something new together. This is an opportunity to organise a large family gathering to share in a little more detail the privacy of their escapades.
But to carry this new project, these troublemakers cannot do this without those who lurk and spy on them on a daily basis.
However, rest assured; they will not leave their authentic open world gallery. They do not seek to trade their wanderings against a colorful place in a tray. They are too seduced by the delicate power of continuous immersion into our lives according to their desires.
Two years ago, our colors already proposed this type of experience.
Painting, their favorite weapon on this battlefield, will be the center of their concerns. But as they like these metamorphoses, they will try to surprise you through other mediums that seduced them. It will also unveil some of the works carried out, in private, under other roofs, in recent years. The event will be open to any public and free of charge.
A house without children is a grave.
A city without tags is like a house without children ...
Allocation of funds
The event will be held in a beautiful large space ... We cannot say more at this stage in order to preserve the mystery ...
But here on the essential explanations concerning the investments linked to the preparation of the event:
- To offer maximum safety during your visit, we must sign an insurance and authorizations required to cover the entire duration of occupancy (€ 200).
- Before starting the artwork, we also need equipment to carry out restoration work on the site such as rebuilding the ceiling, place props, hire containers, check for leaks , re-establish waste disposal , open water and electricity meters (500 € ) .
The material referred to below shall be used to achieve several large frescoes, art installations and practices, and their development by using sound and lighting support:
- We will need spray paint (950 € ), 50 liters of good quality latex paint (500 €), rollers and brushes , thinner, cleaner and coloring (200 € ) .
- To achieve an optimal set up of the various facilities, we need of OSB and MDF panels (500 € ), timber and structure (300 € ) as well as nails, screws and bits (100 € ) .
- Since we do not have all the machines, we will need to rent some items, such as a vacuum cleaner, a circular saw, a router ... (200 € ).
- Concerning lighting and electricity, we will need bulbs, cables, transformers, gelatins ... (300 € ) .
- Renting a generator (250 €), spotlights and projectors (250 € ) and transport ( € 200) will be essential .
- Qualified professional services to perform plumbing and electrical are valued at € 200.
- When all work has been completed, we will ultimately need to print posters and flyers to provide you the latest event details and the invitation (250 €) .
Thanks for your support ! We'll be home soon !