PROMIS DEMAIN, art festival.
Soutenez le projet sur KissKissBankBank !
PROMIS DEMAIN, art festival.
PROMIS DEMAIN, is a multi disciplinary festival which is organized for the first time on the 11th, 12th and 13th of October 2019 at the « Hectolitre », in Brussels.
PROMIS DEMAIN, initially a company, a « gathering place », but mainly; a « creative space ».
A small set of creations based on many different (although complementary) worlds. Our purpose is to form a tight collaboration between performers doing performing arts, and other artists creating any other type of art.
We are mixing artistic disciplines driven by every artistic aspect, wishing to democratize all of these different aspects.
We create roaming performances and/or shows, aiming to meet a public as eclectic as various.
Today, in order to accomplish this project, we might need you and your support!
Throughout these three days, you will get a chance to discover every company member's job across performances, shows, and exhibitions. Most importantly, it will be the occasion to experience these activities through workshops organized by these artists.
This event is mainly based on each person’s creativity and involment.
The audience will travel from shows to shows, from a world to another across this festival. No theme or restrictions other than to sharing with you, a large panel of creations and the desire to make you discover all of these worlds.
All the shows, workshops and performances that you will attend, and to which you will participate, will be the the result of a full week of an artistic residency.
THE LOCATION : L’HECTOLITRE
Hectolitre is a project dedicated to artists who wish to deepen their research, to experiment transdisciplinarity, to form a community and/or connect their practice to the neighborhood.
This basement is located 50 meters from « Place du Jeu de Balle », in the « quartier des Marolles » in Brussels.
In the early 2000’s, it sheltered « La Porte des Sens », one of Belgium’s most famous swingersclub. The place's owner of the place (also known as an antiquarian), gives a very “brutal art” touch inside its unusual architectural volumes.
This club was closed in 2015, and was bought with the unique purpose of dedicating this place to creation and research. Huge works of renovations are planned at the end of this year. The final project will articulate itself around living spaces and creation for approximately 20 residents and guests that will enjoy the opportunity to live in it for a short visit or stay, days weeks, months or maybe even a few years.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/hectolitre.space/
Down below are the participants within this festival:
- Leslie Lily Logé (actress comedian, author & festival organizer)
- Chloé Santinacci (dancer & festival organizer)
- Alizée Gaie (comedian & stage director)
- Indira Garcia Reis (comedian & producer)
- Faustine Boissery (comedian)
- Thomas Durcudoy (comedian, cirquester)
- Armand Droz-Vincent (comedian)
- Antoine Makhoul (comedian, stage director)
- Colin Doucet (comedian, athlete)
- Marie Fulconis, company La Mazane (dancer, choreographer)
- Sarah Boespflug aka Mauvaise Charrue (plastic artist)
- Ophélie Longuepée (photographer)
- Garance Mairlove (plastic artist, tattooist)
- Gisèle Lépine (photographer)
- Diana Yana AKA Yana (illustrator)
- Harold Cuellar AKA KUM2CRY (painter, tattoist)
- Charlène Vh (photographer)
- And soon; many more…
- « Fracture, ou la métamorphose du vide »
play by Leslie Lily Logé, directed by Alizée Gaie,
starring: Faustine Boissery, Thomas Durcudoy, Armand Droz-Vincent and Leslie Lily Logé
- « Que ferais-je moi de cette épée »
(approche de la loi et du problème de la beauté/approach of the Law and the issues of beauty),
free interpretation of the original text of Angelica Liddel,
by Indira Garcia Reis and Leslie Lily Logé
- « Performance solo »,
by Chloé Santinacci
- « RetroGrade »,
by Chloé Santinacci and Marie Fulconis
(company « La Mazane » - Paris)
- « L’alligator »
by Faustine Boissery
- « Tatamis »
by Indira Reis, Antoine Makhoul and Colin Doucet
- « Poisson »
by Chloé Santinacci and Leslie Lily Logé
Paintings & sculptures, Sarah Boespflug aka Mauvaise Charrue
- Pictures, Ophélie Longuepée, Gsèle Lépine, Charlène Vh
- And many others, that you will know more about soon….
Every night, we are inviting a Belgian tattooist for a “flash tattoo” session specially created for this festival, collaborating with plastic artists who will expose.
- Garance Mairlove - Handpoke tattoo, vegan ink, black & red, collab with Mauvaise Charrue.
- KUM2CRY - machine tattoo, black ink, collab with Yana.
- And soon, you'll discover who's the last tattoist invited !
Initiating Brazilian Jiu-jitsu by Colin Doucet
Initiating improvisation, by Antoine MakhoulInitiating
Movement by Chloe Santinacci
Workshop of creation (more info upcoming) by Mauvaise Charrue
(« Glaréole » - Mauvaise Charrue)
Many more things are going to happen during the festival ; such as readings, projections and some more surprises !
Allocation of funds
If possible, we would like to make a bit of profit for all the artists that managed to make this project come true.
Funds will be used to :
- Make this festival accessible to anybody, by letting the audience decide on their participation,
- Cover the rental fee of the basement,
- Pay the artists that got involved in this festival for months of creation,(eventually feed and hydrate them!),
- Cover the rent and purchase of technical, costumes material,
- Housing and defrayal of foreign artists,
- Updating work conditions during the week in the residency, Participate to feed related to promoting this festival (stickers, flyers..),
- Allow the company to feed its tiny piggy bank in order to make more events come to life in the future!