Womer - Word-of-mouth booster
Womer - Word-of-mouth booster
Womer is an innovative startup that wants to promote local shops and get word-of-mouth in the digital revolution !
Through a web and mobile platform, Womer help you discover your friends' favorite local businesses around you. Get discounts at all of them simply by recommending or receiving recommendations from your friends.
But before going any further, let us explain you the project's genesis.
For obvious reasons, we gradually become aware of the limitations of the current economic system: as it created (much) wealth, it generates inequalities, exclusion, ill-being, global warming and increasing scarcity of natural resources ...
Facing this situation, small businesses of all forms (Delicatessens, Food Cooperatives, Ecological clothing stores, ...) are appearing on our territories and selling high quality products/services, whether in a sustainable way or simply in the human authenticity of their relationship with the customer.
But let's face the truth, it's not always easy for them !
In the urgency of the day-to-day life:
- Small independant businesses lack visibility to continue or expand their business against the big brands.
- As for us, humans, citizens of the world, of a nation or a city, despite our desire to consume differently, too often we lack information, time or money to actually change our consumption habits that are feeding a system which we don't trust anymore.
Finally, despite their difficulties, both these more or less isolated players want to basically go in the same direction ... To act locally for a more human, genuine solidarity !
To go beyond our respective difficulties, it is now necessary to connect us and promote our common interests, to simplify our actions and ensure that every day we finally act in our direction as well as in that of the collective.
This is the mission of Womer :
" GIVING YOU BACK THE POWER TO CONSUME SUSTAINABLY "
Because we are convinced that we can all do our part to change the world at a large scale.
Womer is the tool that allows everyone to become the ambassador of his favorite shops.
In this way, Womer encourages the customers of authentic shops offering quality to become real positive local ambassadors and inspires generosity in providing users with tips from local shops.
With Womer, tomorrow you can eat more local and enjoy the best spots in your city (indicated by the Womer sticker).
Womer means also belonging to a positive and independent movement in which everybody wins:
Behind these nice young faces are hidden creative minds and dreamers who want to have a significant impact to build the world of tomorrow, occasionally accompanied by other (thank you Alban, Corentin, Vincent, Octave, Solenne, Caroline, Samuel, Marion, Charlotte, Alfonza and all others for their time).
- Improbable newcomer to the world of entrepreneurship, Alaric was stung overnight by this idea that didn't left him since. Through this adventure, it is mostly a step by step process that leads him to develop an unsuspected creativity and motivation foolproof. The expression "learning by doing" never better defines its course.
- It's through a friend he met Alexis, who soon joined the project. His technical background and experience in the field of mobile applications makes him a tremendous asset to the success of Womer.
- The chance of life can sometimes surprise us. Former classmate of Alaric, Pierre-Alexandre had just launched its web marketing business when he heard about the project Womer. He decided then to contact him to discuss it and finally found himself embarked in the adventure.
- As a down-to-earth and cautious brother, Sebastien arrived in the team during the competition Make.brussels. Always with good advice, he brings his skills, particularly in finance.
Where are we now?
Womer continues on a good momentum since the beginning back to Sep 2015. A year in which we shared with local shops, involved citizens and pioneers of a new economy in the human service and not the opposite. After receiving an award in the first Hackathon in Wallonia in March and reached the final phase of the contest Make.brussels in June, it is now time to test the concept in Beta Private in Brussels.
Today we are proud to say that Womer is ready and steady to move to a new stage. But for that, we need you!
Allocation of funds
We have already committed € 7000 and many months of work on this major project. We were fortunate to have the support of many people who have given us their skills to advance without turning up the bill too much. We now believe it is important (and necessary for us) to engage the community.
This fund raising will be used to finalize the launch of Womer on the following points :
- Completion of the mobile and web platform (user and business): Which entails many challenges.
- The creation and production of signage in stores : To inform and identify around us the partner shops participating to the emergence of a more sustainable economy.
- Communication with users and business and the organization of events. Because Womer must also boost its own word-of -mouth !
If our goal is reached, additional funding will allow us to launch the project rapidly to other cities such as Namur, Liege, Mons, ... The selected city will be the one represented by the largest number of our kisskissbankers !
For this project begins in Brussels but has a much greater ambition. Thus the extra money will allow us to work on :
- The creation of a kit for ambassadors that everyone can download to launch a Womer community in his city.
- The recruitment of ambassadors to swarm out of Brussels.
To be completely transparent with you, the overall launching cost of the project over 5 years is € 200 000 ( cost of 2016 included). We are currently still in testing phase, but for future fundraising your support will be the best argument to convince investors to give us the means to go much further.
So we need you, HERE & NOW.
Thank you so much for your help!