Cercle is an annual, independent magazine, oriented on one theme. The first topic is The Forest, which we declined through different point of views (professional, visual, literary, artistic...) over 132 pages. Cercle Magazine will be launched in april 2013. www.cerclemagazine.com
AT THE BEGINNING
By a cold September night in 2011, three of us were debating about what a current printed magazine should be. Probably helped by the drinks, we worked on the basis of what would become Cercle Magazine.
Based on observation that social networks are taking a paramount importance our lives, and that digital development is allowing a fast and free exchange of data, we noticed that nothing remains set in time. We wanted to employ all these circulatory images and informations and to settle it according to a simple process: Select, Print and Publish.
Cercle Magazine is based on an idea. Concentrate different aspects of one topic (professional, visual, literary, artistic...) in each issue, in order to produce a surprising, cheerful but demanding magazine.
After the foundations of our project were laid down, Cercle has grown up. Four months later, Cercle publishing association, located in Strasbourg, France, was created. Cercle Magazine is its first annual independent publication. One topic each issue. One issue, each year. We decided to produce the first one, 132 pages devoted to only one topic, The Forest. The theme is a major support to highlight creation, art and illustration.
It seems to us that The Forest was a good first topic to deal with, as it concentrates our common interests.
----- Everything is inspiring for Cercle. Its naive and inquisitive look on things is conducting its reader around the topic. -----
First of all, Cercle is:
• 6 conversations conducted from different angles. We met a ranger from the National Forest Office, very involved in his job, a cultural mediator, introducing forest mysteries to children, a flaming character talking about litterature, a very inspiring English artist, a terrific ethnologist/botanist and a well informed paper maker.
• 1 portfolio with 7 international famous or newcomer artists : Gaëtan Billault, Debbie Carlos, Marina Muun, Denise Nestor, Eiko Ojala, Brooks Salzwedel, Teagan White.
• 7 various columns with picky selections (product design by Simon Reynaud, fashion design par Hélène Dupont, movies by Léo Puel, music by Claire Ramos, litterature by Florianne Lorin, architecture by Amélie Secher, cooking by Mari Baratto).
Pages from Cercle Magazine.
Photography and illustration are very important to Cercle, that's why the magazine enhance visual creation with a quality matt paper and high standard printing. Cercle wants to be up to the goal of many contributors involved in the project.
What is Cercle Magazine :
• A 132 pages magazine
• A magazine set in french, with some texts in english written by Carole Mercier
• A 200 x 265 mm format
• A 550 grams opus
• A CMYK quality printing on matt paper (120g inside and 300g cover)
• A super nice font created especially for Cercle by Francis Ramel
• An international release in April 2013
• A European broadcasting via an independent press specialist
• You'll find Cercle in specialized book stores and newstand, museums, concept stores...
• A 1500 hard copies
• A website with regular and various fresh news about our topic www.cerclemagazine.com
Whare are we standing with Cercle ?
We're almost done with the entire layout of the magazine, the illustrations and pictures. We've produced Cercle website, very useful tool to communicate. We've written a large part of our conversations, anecdotes and other editorial pieces.
We've gathered many contributors around Cercle. These wonderful persons are talented and enthusiastic, that's why they agreed to work on different tasks such as creating a special font for the mag, selecting, writing, translating, and, of course giving wise advices.
That why we want to achieve Cercle Magazine!
Pages from Cercle Magazine portfolio.
We plan to release Cercle in april 2013, until then, we'll be able to negociate with our partners, to work on details, and to prepare a super nice launching party, where you'll be all welcome!
Allocation of funds
To tell you the truth, here is what Cercle Magazine will cost :
• 6000€ printing
• 2000€ diffusion / distribution / logistic
• 1500€ for business trips, photo shooting, delivery fees, etc. (budgeted)
To guarantee its independency and its future, Cercle Magazine is urging you, KissBankers!
We need your support!
We and our contributors are working free of charge to build our first issue.
----- Help Cercle Magazine for its first issue and we will be able to carry out numerous topicsover the following years! -----
Are you interested in the project? Help us! Money is welcome of course, but you can also check our website, or just talk about us to your friends and co-workers!
We'd like a high quality production for Cercle. If you want to help us, do not forget that supporting Cercle is also supporting creation and idea in all their forms. Those 3800€ should be used to pay the printing and the diffusion, and to suggest a more affordable price per copy.
Choose your reward
- Backers: 9
- Backers: 20
- Backers: 21
- Backers: 20
- Backers: 5
- Availability: 20/25
- Backers: 4
- Availability: 11/15
- Backers: 2
- Availability: 3/5
- Availability: 3/3