Close the gender gap with EVE List
Connecting gender equal companies with rockstars.
Close the gender gap with EVE List
GENDER PARITY MEANS BUSINESS
Gender parity in the workplace is proven to be correlated with enhanced performance: profit, employment engagement, innovation, governance, customer experience.
- Gender diverse companies are 15 percent likelier to earn more than their competitors.
- Firms focused on improving women’s representation experience 34% higher profits than firms with low women’s representation.
- Firms with female CFOs are more profitable and generated excess profits of $1.8T.
- Firms with female CEOs and CFOs have produced superior stock price performance, compared to the market average.
- Gender-diverse boardrooms reduce bank misconduct penalties by $7.48m per year
- Repayment rates of loans to female micro entrepreneurs are 5-20 points higher than for male borrowers.
In our view, it is taking too long for business leaders to get it.
And when they do, rollout of D&I strategies can be slow and clunky. Meanwhile, too many women start brilliant careers only to experience frustration and discouragement halfway through, or even to drop off the workforce at middle management level.
EVE List's sole purpose is to close the gender divide in the workplace by offering our community an unbiased source to make informed decisions and grow their career.
Together, we have the power to refuse the status quo. Armed with facts and data, we can transform every type of workplace.
WE ARE ALL EVE.
A BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION APPROACH
Why are so many companies facing disappointing results? We believe reaching gender parity requires a holistic strategy, led from the top and involving all stakeholders.
Such multifaceted challenges require the active participation of 3 groups of stakeholders : individual talents, corporations, and service providers.
THE VALUE PROPOSITION
Eve proposes to close the leadership gender gap by connecting this ecosystem around 4 pillars:
- An index scored providing a neutral and factual source of information on companies efforts to reach gender parity
- A listing of available jobs in all entities of the organisations on the list
- An up skilling and career development content catalogue (podcast, webinars, seminars and retreats, reports)A community focused towards growing each other (online mentoring, chats, networking events).
Eve focuses on the private sector marketplace in EMEA and US.
Group A: individuals
- Professional corporate women on the rise
- Entrepreneurs desiring to establish best practice in their organisation
- Male allies
Group B: companies
- Fortune 500
- Large and mid cap
Group C: service providers
- Recruitment companies, consultant, L&D providers, business schools
HOW DO WE PLAN ON DOING IT?
- EVE Score™ aims at specifically reflecting the tangible results obtained by companies attempting to close the gender gap; it is based on a combination of specialised data points grouped into sections such as ESG, demographics and female representation, compensation, corporate culture and D&I practices, HR policies, learning & development objectives, including qualitative employee-sourced elements such as sense of belonging, and desire to grow within. Overall the EVE List description of each company deemed verified will be based on more than 100 data points (traditional and specialised).
- EVE Jobs is a listing of career opportunities in the companies featured on EVE List.
- EVE Community is a closed group of like minded individuals aiming at solving women career and workplace challenges, featuring members only 1/1 chat, AMA sessions, group discussions and educational kits, and discounts to partnered events, services and products.
WHO ARE WE?
EVE List is a not-for-profit organisation based in France, founded by a team of seasoned entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 senior corporate executives and more importantly supported by the collective intelligence of its members.
THE SPIRIT OF EVE LIST
We believe in maintaining the integrity of the EVE Score™‘ by carrying out our mission within a not-for-profit structure, with independent funding and leadership, low overheads and a powerful network of contributors and partners.
We believe and call for collective intelligence (verifying critical data) through crowdsourcing & institutional partners.
We also want to ensure the financial sustainability of the organisation, based on membership and independant monetisation of its ecosystem.
Allocation of funds
We have a big ambition: supporting practically collective efforts made by the global business community to close the gender gap in the workplace during our life time!
In order to do so, we aim at verifying and scoring 2,000 companies in EMEA and the US by the end of 2020. By 2022, our team will have verified at least 20,000 companies worldwide, and will continue doing so exponentially.
This is where collective intelligence plays such an important part: since we are looking to collect both quantitative AND qualitative data for a balanced scoring, we focus on reaching a large number of active viewers to accelerate data sourcing momentum. We want to create a virtuous circle of companies and individuals using the site to research but also contribute to the site.
We also are developing strategic partnerships with public and private organisations susceptible to accelerate data sourcing and outreach.
OUR DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY IN 3 PHASES
- Reaching a critical mass of viewers
We are building a community of active users & contributors with a freemium access until we reach 100k unique visitors p/month) through:
- Publishing an Index scored of companies (EVE score™) across industries resulting from qualitative and quantitative data research. Interactive, simple and user friendly listing w/ key info, parity criteria and scoring. Data set : public info + verification/nomination by employees & organisations (wiki type) + Quantitative data + qualitative rating by employees (culture. feeling of belonging, etc).
- Ask EVE forum: closed anonymous group where members can post about working challenges and ask other members & a network of verified experts in different jurisdictions for guidance, advice).
- EVE Jobs: Listing of all career opportunities available in companies of the EVE List.
- EVE Podcast :Monthly discussions with key actors of gender equity in the workplace.
- EVE voices: Articles, opinion and tips on everything gender parity in the workplace
2. Building digital content and monetising
Once critical mass phase is reached, we will anchor our social impact in a viable financial model:
- Membership EVE Community*
- Featured top jobs of the month (+ CV profiling later on)
Services including in the membership* package (4 €/month)
- Mentorship AMA session on line
- Group chats
- In mail access to other members for 1/1 chat
- Content library (tutorial kits, webinars)
3. Anchoring EVE List in the physical world
We also want to grow our social mission through multiple channels of activation on the ground. such as:
- Advisory & Thought leadership
- Research and internal audit
- Think tank animation
- Conference speaker/moderator
- Annual EVE List forum & award
- EVE circles ( local & independent discussion groups EVE kit & set up support)
- EVE Leadership retreats (career growth seminars)
- Acceleration programs
- EVE bootcamp for companies looking to put their gender parity goals on steroid
- EVE start up boost program to align business model and team to gender parity goals
- EVE Pay it forward program: corporate mission program towards social impact based businesses solving the gender gap (sponsored employees or members).
HOW WILL WE USE THE FUNDING?
The great news is that we already have achieved a few milestones:
- We are launching a beta testing site with a sample of 300 companies fully verified and scored at the beginning of June 2020.
- We have worked on a balanced scoring methodology (a mix of hard data and qualitative elements).
- We are receiving feedback from partners and beta users to adjust features to what our community needs and will keep listening and iterating.
- We are developing partnerships with research centers, NGO's, tech partners, public institutions so to leverage their resources & benefit EVE List community.
We expect to reach critical mass of viewers within a maximum of 18 months and financially independance thanks to memberships, featured jobs & merchandising.
In addition to the revenue streams mentioned above, a critical mass of 100k/month will facilitate the development of paid premium services that will feed the financial model and be operated by a social business.
We plan on using initial start up funding to reach to reach that critical mass phase and invest in:
- 50% of the funds will be used to strengthening our tech stack (data security, site and video hosting tools, community tools)
- 25% will be used to produce content (video tutorials editing & equipment)
- 25% will be used for outreach and community management ( social media and email campaigns production).
Your contribution is an active step toward closing the gender gap. Thank you.
WE ALL ARE EVE.