Pour voir la campagne en Français, cliquez ici !
Currently studying Entrepreneurship in Amsterdam, we are a young couple passionate about social entrepreneurship and travel. After our studies, we always wanted to travel around the world, but we were looking for a meaning... the social micro-credit was the solution!
Convinced by the power of this financial tool, we started the realisation of this project in September 2014 through the association Micro-crédit Macro-action. 1 year later... so the 13 of September 2015, we will leave for a 11months trip to support social micro-credit in Asia and Africa.
Our experience and knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship, micro-finance and back-packing/hiking in Middle-East & Europe and your support will enable us to make it possible !
Micro-credit is a small loan given to the poor, who are rejected from the classical banking system, so they can start small businesses and lift their family out of poverty.
The benefits are numerous...
Since September 2014, we are members of a French non-profit organization, Micro-crédit Macro-action (MCMA) which aims to support the creation of small enterprises in developing countries through social micro-finance.
Created in 2013, the first adventure of MCMA was a great success ! The founders have created more then 300 micro-entreprises in Asia and Africa and visited the field partners (in Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar and Tanzania) during their 6 months bike journey.
Today, we are six:
- Arthur & Hugo: the founders, currently in France
- Clara & Isaure: another 2015 MCMA team, completing their mission by bike across Asia
- and us :)
- Raise and distribute funds to the micro-entrepreneurs in Myanmar, India and Tanzania.
- Visit the Micro-Finance Institutions and the beneficiaries supported.
- Report you how micro-finance works on the field and our adventure.
Step 1: We raise funds from companies and individuals.
Step 2: We distribute 100% of the donations to our partners, the Micro-Finance Institutions.
Step 3: Our partners deliver micro-credits (average: 120€) and trainings to the beneficiaries so they can start a successful business !
Step 4: And they reimburse their credit to the Micro-Finance Institutions. Afterwards, a new micro-credit is given… it’s a real snow-ball effect !
So Oo Tehtwin (Myanmar - Yangon)
- created in 2013
- 800 active beneficiaries
- average loan = 142€
- visit in November 2015
Want to know more about them, click here
STEP (India – Kolkatta)
- created in 2007
- 6 000 active beneficiaries
- average loan = 105€
- visit in January 2016
IDYDC (Tanzania - Iringa)
- created in 1991
- 3 800 active beneficiaries
- average loan = 150€
- visit in July 2016
Still curious ? Click here
- September 2015 to March 2016: Cambodia, Thaïlande, Myanmar, Bangladesh, India and Nepal
- March to May 2016: Oman, UAE, Iran
- June to August 2016: Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania